Find the perfect finishing touch to your countertop installation at GMD Surfaces.
Enhance Your Countertop Design
Selecting the right edge profile for your countertops is a subtle yet impactful way to enhance your overall design. Our range of edge profiles provides you with options to customize the appearance and functionality of your countertops, whether you prefer a classic look or a contemporary feel. Each profile offers a unique blend of style and practicality, ensuring that your countertops not only look great but also serve your specific needs. At GMD Surfaces, we're here to help you choose the perfect edge profile to complete your countertop design. Contact us to explore the possibilities.
Countertop Edge Styles
- Eased - great for small kitchens, tight corners and narrow walkways.
- Beveled - marked by their sharp 45-degree angle. You can opt for a 1/4" bevel or a more defined 1" bevel.
- Bullnose - curved along the top and bottom for an even finish.
- Half Bullnose - Half bullnose edges, or demi-bullnose edges, have the delicate curve of a bullnose edge and a flat bottom. The soft, rounded top makes this edge a good choice for kitchens of any size.
- Ogee - feature an elegant “S” shape whose curves can vary from subtle to dramatic.
- Waterfall - A waterfall edge is a design that makes a 90 degree angle at the end of the countertop. Rather than simply ending with a finished edge, the countertop turns toward the floor and continues down the side of the cabinet, island, or seating area.
- 1/4" Radius - Radius corners refer to the degree of “roundness” the countertop corners will have.
- Miter - created by fusing together two different pieces cut at 45-degree angles for a substantial countertop slab that looks like a seamless 90-degree edge. It’s not the same as a square edge, although they do bear a strong resemblance to each other, especially at first glance.
- Dupont - this edge offers a look of unrivaled luxury that is perfect for kitchen granite and marble countertops. Its short 90-degree angle extends down into a rounded edge for a profile that is a bold variation of the Ogee design.
- Lamination - A laminated countertop is called lamination which is the process of gluing a piece of stone underneath another piece of stone to give it the look of being thicker.
- Cove Dupont - Considering that your stone countertops are already beautiful, choosing a Cove edge can further enhance that beauty. The Cove Dupont edge has a crescent curve that leads into a 90-degree angle with a rounded bottom. It provides a classic, refined edge profile with a touch of a modern design.
Get the Edge on Stone
Countertop edges are the finishing touch to your kitchen countertop installation. Your choice of countertop edge style is included with any new countertop purchase. There are many different types to choose from, depending on the size of your kitchen and your preferred decor style.
Explore our gallery of completed projects, showcasing how different edge profiles can transform countertops into focal points of your kitchen and bathroom design. Get inspired by the versatility and creativity that edge profiles bring to countertop aesthetics.
Exceptional Service & Quality
At GMD Surfaces, excellent service and top-notch quality are the focus of everything we do. From helping you choose the perfect surface for your needs to handling the design, fabrication, and installation, our team will expertly guide you through each step for a worry-free experience. We also offer repair and restoration services to ensure your surfaces last even longer. Contact us to begin your next home improvement project.